Monday, October 25, 2010

Thoughts on Web 2.0

I suppose the best way to summarize my thoughts on the program i to look back at all of my posts here.

At times I found the process of working through web 2.0 tedious at best for tools which I will never use, like technorati. At other times, I found the resources valuable like Zotero which i don't think i would have found without doing this exercise.

For the most part, I find the Web to be an unorganized land-fill of opinion. It is too big to be controlled properly for useful data mining. But some of these tools give us the opportunity to bypass the garbage; wikis (controlled and managed by experts who care), Rollyo, (allowing only certain trusted sites to be searched thus eliminating t-0shirt ads) and Zotero, (a wonderful organizational tool for research writing) have made this journey worthwhile.

Do not be surprised to see more ramblings on my blog.... not about using these tools, but ramblings that are enhanced by implementing these tools

Signing off of 23 things.

-Dan

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through the list. Hopefully, you discovered a few tools that will help you, and other librarians that will follow you, to attempt to organize the vast land-fill of opinion (and the tiny bits of information up there too.

    ReplyDelete